Welcome to the Nature Therapy School
We provide high quality teaching and training on the use of nature in therapeutic work and to support well-being. We provide professional courses and workshops for psychotherapists and outdoor practitioners.
We promote the benefits of working therapeutically in nature, to therapists and outdoor practitioners. We aim to;
- provide high quality professional trainings
- promote the benefits of practising outdoors
- form a centre of excellence in the training and practice of nature-based therapies
The Nature Therapy School draws on Anthropology, Attachment theory, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Bushcraft, Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Art in our approach to nature-based psychotherapy.
Nature has the potential to offer us the core conditions of a primary care giver and therefore positive attachment, being truly a mother.
Central to our work is the symbiotic relationship between the self and nature and the potential for parallel development of self knowledge and knowledge about nature.
- Observing ourselves whilst in nature
- Observing nature
- Observing our relationship with nature
Our trainings are immersive and held in outdoors settings throughout the UK. Our courses are held within small groups in base camp settings to encourage intimacy within our relationships with others and with nature.
We aim to train psychotherapists to be authentic and congruent practitioners, grounded in a positive attachment with nature and therefore able to model connection for their clients.
We aim to train outdoor professionals to maximise the potential of their work to support well-being.
We offer CPD short courses and year long trainings, we host the Nature-based Therapy Forum and publish Nature’s Therapy- a blog on Nature and Emotional Health.
- Diploma in Nature-based Psychotherapy: Using Nature as a Therapy Room
- Short CPD course in Nature-based Psychotherapy
- Therapeutic Skills for non counsellors
- Nature-based Therapy Forum
- Blog – Nature’s Therapy